The Harry Potter Saga  

Posted by Sruthi

First of all let me declare something, I am a die – hard HP fan. But the movies have somehow left a void when I watch them. But then again, the analytical mind says, “Come on, it is not quite humanely possible to fit a 440 page book into just around 2 or 2 1/2 hours of movie”. Imagining things from a book is quite different when you see the actors actually portraying them. Well the first time I met Harry was in the movie of course :) The much hyped Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone released in 2001, when I was in class nine. I had to convince my mom that I would really watch an English movie (I was a kid and I didn’t watch much of English movies then!!) So I convinced my mom and asked her to take to me to the movie. After a lot of pestering, she yielded and we both went to the movie. It was then I met Harry – a cute lil baby with an old person (Dumbledore) leaving him at the foot steps of his aunt. My sympathy rushed for him, and after the movie, I instantly fell in love with the “Wizards”. And the last sentence that Harry says – “I am actually leaving my home”:D After that The Chamber of Secrets was released in 2002. This time my mom understood that I liked the previous one and so she took me as soon as I asked her. I liked both the movies because I wasn’t still introduced to the Harry Potter books then. After my class ten, came a time when I had loads of free time and finally I could lay my hands on the books. I got immersed in them and I fell in love with Hogwarts and The Wizarding World and Dumbledore ofcourse :) From then on, I got my hands on the books before watching a movie and it always left me unimpressed. I went to the movie s expecting more out of them but always came out disappointed. But I still go and watch the movies because it was due to these movies; I fell in love with the books. I must have read almost each one of the book at least ten times and whenever my mom sees me reading a book, for that matter any book, the first question she asks is “Is that a Harry Potter book?” And I give her my huge close-up smile :D That’s how I fell for the books. My bro still asks me, “Isn’t that for the kids?” And I give him a reply, “Everyone has a kid in them! :P” Will tell u more about my feelings after reading the books, soon……………

This entry was posted on Sunday, July 26, 2009 at Sunday, July 26, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment